Welcome to the Class 1 page
Staff in Class 1 are:
Mrs Massie (Class Teacher) & Miss Berry (Teaching Assistant)
General information about Class 1:
- The children’s communication books are an important way for parents and teachers to communicate. Please feel free to right any questions, concerns or information in there and I will respond to you as quickly as possible. Also let us know of any special after school arrangements. Additionally communication books are used to tell us if your child needs a new reading book. These books are checked daily so your child should always have an up to date reading book.
- Homework logs will be sent home each Friday with a task to complete. These should be returned on or before the following Wednesday.
- Please ensure that your child has a full P.E. kit in school every day.
- Reading books may be changed on any day. Your child may also take home a story book from the class library for you to read to them.
Please don't hesitate in contacting me via my school email address if you have any further queries.
At Brill School, English, maths and core skills are taught through focused daily lessons; usually in the morning. But for other lessons we have in recent year moved away from narrow subject based teaching and have developed a curriculum that is imaginative, child focused and cross curricular.
Class 1’s thematic topic units for this year are:
Click on the topic units for an overview document for the term's work or on the subject links for more information about the long term curriculum in each specific area.
(Music and Modern Foreign Languages are taught once a week by our Subject specialist teachers)
Class Teacher: Mrs Massie Teaching Assistant: Mrs Berry
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Barlow
Ways you can help support your child’s learning in school are:
- Reading with you child often and discussing the story and the characters.
- Select texts from our Year 1 recommended book list to read with your child
- Help your child become familiar with any key words or spellings which will be sent each week along with the learning log task.
Spelling and grammar:
Curriculum- Year One