Welcome to the Class R page
- Our P.E. days are Tuesdays and Fridays however we would ask that children have their P.E. kits at all times.
- The children’s communication books are an important way for parents and teachers to communicate. Please feel free to write any questions, concerns or information in there and we will respond to you as quickly as possible.
- Reading books will be changed twice a week on Tuesdays and Fridays.
A full parent's guide to Year R is available to download here.
Please don't hesitate in contacting us via my school email address if you have any further queries.
Click on the topic units for an overview document
Class Teacher: Mrs Carr Class Teacher: Miss Clayton
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Herring Teaching Assistant: Mrs Barlow
Teaching Assistant: Suzanna Dryden
Ways you can help support your child’s learning in school are:
- Continue to read a variety of books with your child and share their reading and library books with them.
- Completing any activities that are sent home. This will commence a few weeks after the start of the year. (Please check your child’s home learning folder for new activities on a Thursday).
Useful Websites to support your children at home:
- Problem solving reasoning and numeracy
- Some excellent numeracy and literacy resources
- Literacy and maths games
- cbeebies stories and rhymes
- Videos, stories and games including switch access
- Many stories and rhymes
- ABC Playschool. Videos and games
- British Council "Learn English" - Songs and Stories
- The Little animals' activity centre - stories
- New and improved! Try creating your own Spot story.
- Many interactive stories and rhymes with games to develop language and literacy
- Books for reading together with links to K&U and in particular, natural science
Websites for children
These offer a great number of games, songs, stories, videos etc so it is important to know the site well in order to support and develop children's learning.
- Many games, often recognised by children from their homes.
- Links to particular cbeebies games from areas of learning
- Many games and songs including those relating to festivals
- Exploring nature - A lot of writing to read but good for shared research and excellent drawings often animated
- Many, many delightful games. Spend time exploring
- Games of varying quality that can be played supporting areas of learning.
- The Little animals' activity centre. Plenty of good quality activities to support learning.
- An American television channel website includes games, music and videos.
- Good quality games from a range of websites such as BBC Numbertime and Little animal's activity centre, supporting CLL and PSRN as well as other areas of learning.
- Good quality games from a range of websites such as BBC, as well as Birmingham's own, supporting CLL and PSRN as well as other areas of learning.
- A virtual orchestra
- Download a 'Music House' for trying out some instruments
- Particularly good resources to use, especially for special needs
- Free jigsaws
- Nursery Rhymes, including sound files for musical accompaniment!
- Visit the world with Barnaby Bear
- Try out the Kaleidoscope painter