The School Day
The children are expected to be in the playground at 8.30, with some of the school buses arriving prior to this time. At 8.40 the whistle blows and the children line up in classes ready for our daily Wake and Shake routine, ready to start the school day.
The academy operates wrap around care from 7:30am until 6pm - please see the 'Energy Kidz' and Pre-School pages for further information about the wrap around care options. We also offer a range of after-school clubs running from 3:00pm until 4:00 pm - please contact the school office for more information or view the 'clubs' page of this website.
All children have a morning break which begins at 10:45. Lunch is for an hour between 12 and 1pm.
A morning snack of fruit and/or vegetables is provided for children until they reach the end of Year 2. From Year 3, children are asked to bring in their own healthy morning snack.
There are four assemblies every week:
Monday - Whole School worship, led by the head teacher
Tuesday - Singing assembly
Wednesday - Whole school worship, led by All Saints Church
Thursday- Sports Assembly
Friday - Whole school 'Celebration' assembly
In addition, we hold class assemblies, to which parents are invited, on Thursday mornings at various points throughout the year.
Every class has a broad and balanced curriculum that includes:
- Core subjects of Maths and English (including Guided Reading, Spelling, Handwriting and Times tables) taught daily
- Science taught for between 1 and 2 hours per week
- Art, History and Geography and RE taught through a half termly theme and enquiry based learning
* The following are taught by subject specialist teachers:
- French & Spanish
- If you would more information on your child's individual timetable please ask a member of staff or view the 'class pages' section of this website.