Home Learning Offer
We have developed a remote learning contingency plan. If a child is self isolating, home learning will be provided by their class teacher. If a child is feeling ill, there is no expectation to complete any work, their health is paramount.
A weekly timetable is available on each class page of the Learn platform. This site is password protected, if you have any difficulty accessing the website please contact your child's class teacher or the school office.
Our Remote Learning Policy outlines our provision for each scenario, in the first instance if a child self isolating due to a confirmed case of Covid-19. The policy also outlines our provision in the event of switching to remote learning. In this instance the Learn platform will contain most of the home learning, but we recognise that children learn best with input from their teacher, therefore two live Microsoft Teams sessions would be scheduled each day.
Please read our updated Remote Learning Pupil Agreement to help keep children safe and supported with their home learning provision.
- If a child is self-isolating
With a confirmed case of Covid-19 children have instant access to Learn, where a weekly timetable will outline the lessons for the week. Please click on the subject tabs to discover lesson plans and learning activities. Work can be submitted to Learn, please also email your class teacher to alert them to this.
- Moving to Remote Learning
In this instance a timetable and lessons will continue to be published on Learn. In addition to this children will need to attend their live teaching session with access to a pencil case and paper. The lessons will be interactive, with the full engagement of all participants expected in order for each child to continue to engage with the curriculum remotely. Please refer to Microsoft Teams ‘Netiquette’ documents, which outlines expectations of all household members.
All learning will be uploaded to the Learn website.
- Each week, the home learning will be overwritten to contain the new learning, so as to ensure children are accessing the current lessons and learning.
- Children should upload their work onto the Learn platform where staff will provide feedback and any relevant next steps. (There is no need to alert your child's class teacher with an email at this time.)
- Alongside the above, children are also encouraged to read to an adult and are welcome to log into Times Table Rockstars to engage with activities.
- All staff will be additionally supporting pupils who may require extra support in core subject areas such as; daily reading, booster maths groups, pre teach for both English and Maths as well as emotional, pastoral and wellbeing groups.
Our SENCo, Ms Ing, and our Pastoral Lead, Mrs Keeping, make regular contact with individual families and pupils to ensure that they feel supported throughout this period. Learning for those pupils with additional needs is tailored and adapted to ensure that they can access it effectively. Please contact Ms Ing SENCo and Mrs Keeping as Pastoral Lead if you feel you would benefit from their additional support.
If you are struggling with access to digital devices please contact the school office, who may arrange the loan of a device.
We welcome feedback from pupils and parents. Can we ask that you offer constructive feedback via the office email.
Through continued access to blended learning via live teaching (in the event of a class or wider lockdown) and remote learning, as well as feedback through support emails, it is our aim that the impact of any closure will be minimal on children’s academic progress and emotional wellbeing.