The School Day
The children are expected to be in the playground at 8.30, with some of the school buses arriving prior to this time. The gates will close at 8:40am and all children should be in their classrooms for the start of the day.
The academy operates wrap around care from 7:30am until 6pm - please click here to see what is on offer. We also offer a range of after-school clubs running from 3:00pm until 4:15pm - please contact the school office for more information or view the CLUBS page of the website.
All children have a morning break which begins at 10:45.
Lunch is for an hour between 12:00 and 1:00pm.
A morning snack of fruit and/or vegetables is provided for children until they reach the end of Year 2. From Year 3, children are asked to bring in their own healthy morning snack.
There are four assemblies every week:
- Monday - Whole School worship based on our Christian value themes
- Tuesday - Singing Collective Worship
- Wednesday - Clergy whole school worship based on our Christian value themes, led by All Saints Church.
- Thursday- Extra-curricular celebration whole school worship
- Friday - Whole school achievement celebration collective worship
Every class has a broad and balanced curriculum that includes:
- Core subjects of Maths and English (including Guided Reading, Spelling, Handwriting and Times Tables) taught daily
- Science taught for between 1 and 2 hours per week
- Art, History, Geography and RE taught through a half termly theme and enquiry based learning
- PE is taught for 2 hours per week for each class
* The following are taught by subject specialist teachers:
- French & Spanish